Apple’s iPhone is undoubtedly an incredible machine. But, an absolute reality is that beauty comes with fragility. If your iPhone is prone to harsh weather conditions, you work at a place having proximity to water, or your phone gets dropped a lot, you definitely need to invest in a cogent iPhone case from the list of best phone cases out there.
We, over here, have tried our best to come up with a list of best phone cases to protect your iPhone from dents, broken screen or scratched back. Some of these cases offer water resistance and some provide drop resistance. Some are battery charging cases while some offer a combination of aforementioned attributes.
This article comprises a list of iPhone cases for the recently launched iPhones, i.e. iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X. But you can find some of them compatible with the older versions as well. If you’re the one recently bought an iPhone X, you should definitely check our take on iPhone X tip and tricks to master a whole new set of gestures and commands.
Also Read: How To Extend iPhone Battery Life
1. OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES Case for iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 ($44.96)
As the word Defender in the name suggests, this OtterBox’s case is the best phone case to keep your iPhone scuff, scrap, and scratch free in the case of dropping. Defender series of OtterBox is renowned for the toughest phone cases. This phone case comes with three layers, a silicone slipcover that is wrapped in a polycarbonate shell, and a touchscreen protector. However, the upgraded iPhone X case is two layered as the case doesn’t possess a built-in screen protector. Belt clip holster is also there to provide assistance in the case of media viewing. The case not only provides drop protection but also keeps your phone dust free as the port covers keep the dust away from the phone. It is safe to say that this case will provide drop protection knowing that OtterBox presents these Defender cases to you after passing them from 24 different tests.
- Ultra tough three layers to keep your phone safe.
- The case weighs 4.6 ounces.
- Compatible with iPhone 8 and 7. A new two layered version is also there for iPhone X.
- Belt clip holster assists media viewing as the clip can be doubled to make a stand.
- A port cover keeps the dirt and dust away from your phone.
- Comes with OtterBox’s lifetime warranty (conditions applied)
- Durability is a plus point of OtterBox’s armored truck kinda cases.
- Excellent protection in exchange for the pretty decent price, which is not a bad deal at all.
- This non-slippery case is a great fit for both iPhone 8 and iPhone 7.
- The case is a bit bulky which I believe is a drawback of this phone case.
- This case is protective but the cover completely covers the microphone. Hence makes it difficult to talk on speakers.
2. UAG iPhone X Monarch Case (55.95$)
Urban Armor Gear is a trusted name when it comes to providing rugged cases. From the looks, you might apprehend that the case is tough but the lightweight plastics used to craft this case make it light like a feather. Five layered protective shield contains UAG’s signature frame, top grain leather, and a metal hardware. Rubber enactments are there to provide an easy grip on your phone. Moreover, they also work to absorb impact shock and provide drop safety.
You will find Urban Armor Gear’s monarch cases compatible with Apple Pay and wireless charging. One more worth mentioning point is the case’s tactile buttons that are extremely responsive and crisp while it comes to functionality.
And how can we forget about the 360-degree protection of the cases as Monarch series of UAG meets military drop-test standards?
- Handcrafted, lightweight, and five layered protective shield case is made with UAG’s signature frame, metal hardware, and top grain leather.
- The case weighs 1.44 ounces and is extremely lightweight.
- These Monarch cases are compatible with Wireless Charging and Apple Pay.
- Case’s tactile buttons are amazingly responsive and crisp.
- Monarch series of UAG meets 2X military drop test standards.
- Rubber enactments of the case assist easy gripping of the phone.
- The case comes with Urban Armor Gear’s 10-year limited warranty.
- The case is solid as it features multi-layered protection yet it is not bulky.
- This Rugged case is great value of the price.
- Rubber enactments prevent your 1200$ phone from slipping.
- The part of the case near the bottom is extremely thin and gets the area of the phone exposed with gentle stretching.
3. UAG Monarch Series iPhone 8/ 7 / 6s Plus Case (55.95$)
Guess what we like UAG’s phone cases so much that we’ve included a second case in our list of best phone cases. Monarch Series’ handcrafted iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 Plus case features a feather light design. Five protective layers contain a signature armor frame, a shock resistant inner layer, and a top grain leather cover. The phone case is compatible with wireless charging and Apple Pay. Honeycomb traction on the case is there to provide a firm grip on the phone. And oversized buttons on the phone are amazingly responsive.
This Monarch Series’ case meets 2X military drop standards hence is detrimental to keep your phone protected from shock, drop and impact. It is manufactured with such beauty that camera opening doesn’t interfere with the case and results in stunning pictures. All in all UAG’s cases are perfect to keep your iPhone safe. These cases are available in a variety of colors and come with UAG’s 10-year limited warranty.
- Five layered protective case comprises a signature armor frame, a shock resistant inner layer, and a top grain leather cover.
- This lightweight case’s weight is 1.6 ounces.
- This monarch series case is compatible with Apple Pay and wireless charging on iPhone 8 Plus.
- The case meets 2X military drop-test standard hence protects your phone from shock and drop impact.
- Oversized buttons on the cover are easy to find.
- Honeycomb traction provides perfect grip on the phone.
- The case comes with UAG’s 10-year limited warranty.
- The case provides great protection at a reasonable price.
- It is super easy to clean the phone as the phone comes out of the case quite easily.
- These cases aren’t too bulky and thick still provide maximum protection to your iPhone.
- The case is slippery on the sides.
- The screws on the back aren’t of any good but are being advertised as providing a layer of protection to your phone.
4. Alpatronix BX190Plus Case for iPhone 8 Plus and 7 Plus ($49.95)
Alpatronix is a trusted name when it comes to wireless charging cases. The company has designed these BX190Plus 5000mAh extended battery charging cases to keep your phone charged for an entire day. So if you’re an extensive iPhone user, this battery case is ideal for you. One more worth mentioning point is that the 5000mAh battery that is there in the case is UL certified, which is the highest certification of batteries. And what more to ask when this case is compatible with Qi wireless charging. All you have to do is put your iPhone on any wireless charging pad. The result will be super amazing as the charging pad will charge your phone first and battery case later.
This case comes with a 5000mAh battery case, a screen protector, 1 Micro USB cable, and a user manual. The case is made to fit in your hands perfectly as it is sleek and super lightweight. Its compact design provides 360-degree protection. Moreover, it offers pretty easy installation owing to its top/bottom slide in design. And lifetime guarantee of the product is what brings you peace of the mind.
- The case is slim and easy to carry and weighs approximately 5.1 ounces.
- 5000mAh built-in battery keeps your iPhone 7 Plus and 8 Plus charged.
- The case supports Qi-enabled wireless charging.
- Alpatronix’s BX190Plus case guarantees 360 degree protection.
- Glass protector is there to provide 100 percent screen protection.
- Apple certified Micro USB connector that comes with the case can be used to sync and transfer data along with charging of the phone.
- The battery used in the case is UL certified which is undoubtedly the highest certification for batteries.
- Top/bottom slide in design is being featured in the case for easy installation of the phone.
- The case comes with a lifetime warranty and 30 days money back guarantee in case you aren’t satisfied with the product.
- This case is excellent for the travelers.
- Extensive iPhone users will also find this case very handy as it will keep their phones charged round the clock.
- The case is a bit slippery.
- It uses a micro USB charger instead of a lightning charger.
5. PITAKA Magcase for iPhone X ($49.99)
PITAKA’s slogan “enjoy your almost naked iPhone” dives an insight about its Magcase Aramid Fiber phone cases. The case is so much light that you can actually enjoy the feel of your incredible iPhone X. The case weighs approximately 0.48 ounces and is 0.03in thick. The phone case is made with aramid fiber and provides ultimate protection against drops.
An exciting thing about the case is its wireless charging support so you don’t have to take off the case while charging it wirelessly. The soft 3G-Grip feature on the phone is worth mentioning as well. As it does not let the phone to slip away from your hands. An AGC tempered screen protector also comes with the phone. This glass protector provides ultimate protection to your phone’s screen.
One more thing, a three-layered protective coating is being applied to the case that is detrimental to keep your phone scratch free. In short, PITAKA Magcase is your good to go case if you’re looking for a lightweight case that provides ultimate protection.
- The case is made with Aramid Fiber a material that is used in body armors and space crafts. Hence, it guarantees maximum protection.
- 49 ounces isn’t too much when it comes to the thickness of the case. Moreover, the case is 0.03 in thick, so there isn’t any weight increase issue as well.
- A protective three-layered coating applied on the case keeps your phone scratch less.
- A tempered glass screen protector also comes with the case to keep your phone’s screen protected.
- The case is non-slippery and fits well on the hands owing to soft 3G-Grip feature.
- The case is compatible with wireless charging.
- The case is extremely lightweight. Its less than a dime thickness makes it a perfect fit for your hands.
- The case is an absolutely great value of the price.
- Top and bottom edges of the phone are exposed when this case is on. So, there are chances of getting scratches on the top and bottom edges.
6. Apple iPhone X Leather Case ($41.48)
Are you a fan of minimalist designs? If the answer to this question is yes, you might have come to the right place. We’ve included Apple’s iPhone X leather case in our list of best phone cases because of the coverage it provides to your phone is awesome. The case is made from French leather and feels extremely soft and smooth. Microfiber lining is being used inside the case to provide your phone utmost protection. Aluminum buttons on the case are perfectly crafted and complement the perfect finish of the case. The case is wireless compatible which means you can charge your iPhone X with the case on. So, go for this case if you want a beautiful case without adding any bulk on your iPhone.
- The case is made with French leather and feels extremely soft and comfy to hold.
- The aluminum crafted buttons perfectly complement the finish of the case.
- This Apple’s designed leather case is wireless compatible.
- This case fits perfectly over the edges of the phone and provides maximum safety.
- The case weighs 3.2 ounces. Hence, doesn’t make your phone too much heavy.
- This leather case provides excellent grip to otherwise slippery iPhone X.
- An excellent case for the money.
- Leather wears out with time.
7. Twelve South BookBook 3-in-1 Leather Wallet Case ($59.99)
Here comes another leather case in our list of best phone cases. This Twelve South’s manufactured three in one leather case provides extreme security to your phone. This case is compatible with iPhone 8 Plus, 7 Plus, and iPhone 6 Plus. The phone fits perfectly in the case and the shell cover can be easily removed out of the wallet when you don’t need it. The case also features a built-in display stand, that will assist you during media viewing and FaceTime. A card slot is also there in the case to keep your belongings such as cards, folded bills, and receipts safe.
What more to ask for when BookBook’s six-sided coverage is there to protect your phone. The dark exterior finish is also handy as it saves the wallet from getting dirty.
- This 3-in-1 genuine leather case provides maximum protection to your phone.
- The built-in stand assists hand free media viewing.
- Plenty of compartments in the wallet are handy to keep your stuff organized.
- The slide out shell lets you take out your iPhone whenever you don’t need the wallet.
- The wallet case weighs 6.4 ounces and is compatible with iPhone 8 Plus, 7 Plus, and 6 Plus.
- The case is extremely good for the peeps that travel a lot.
- With this case, you can keep all your belongings together.
- The leather wallet wears out with time.
8. Ghostek Atomic 3 Series Case for iPhone 8 Plus/ 7 Plus ($59.99)
If you want a case that is really waterproof and drop resistant, Ghostek Atomic 3 Series case is for you. Aluminum Alloy Frame featured in the case is military drop tested. A full body shell of aluminum alloy is making the case drop and shockproof. The case comes with a heavy-duty screen protector to keep the screen away from scratches. The case is being tested for up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes in water. And guess what with this cover you don’t have to get worried about water damage. The tactile buttons on the case are extremely responsive. And a limited lifetime warranty of the product makes it easier for the customer to get the case exchanged. And there is an option to choose the color of your choice as the case comes in six different colors.
- Aluminum alloy frame on the case is handy in protecting exterior of the phone.
- A heavy duty screen protector keeps your phone’s screen scratch free.
- The case features built-in waterproof safety and protection as is being tested for 30 minutes in water.
- The case is military grade standard drop tested and hence is shock and drop proof.
- This iPhone case is compatible with iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 7 Plus.
- The aluminum case provides complete security to the phone without adding any bulk.
- The case is durable and convenient to use.
- The product is great but, sometimes people on the other side of the phone can’t hear you because of the covered speakers.
9. Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES Waterproof Case for iPhone 7 and 8 ($70+)
Lifeproof is a trusted name when it comes to waterproof cases. This Lifeproof case scores an IP-68 rating, meaning that the case can be submerged in water for approximately 6.6 feet without getting damaged for about an hour’s time. A built-in screen protector is there to provide utmost protection to your phone’s screen. The case is drop proof as well and meets the MIL-STD 810F-516 standards. In short, this case is ideal for harsh and sturdy conditions. And you don’t need to get worried about the damage as the case comes with one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- The case is water, snow, and dustproof and scores an IP-68 rating.
- FRE series of Lifeproof is drop proof and meets MIL STD 810F-516 standards.
- You get a built-in screen protector with the case that is detrimental in keeping your phone’s screen protected.
- This phone case comes with one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES case is compatible with iPhone 7 and iPhone 8.
- This case fits perfectly on the phone and provides excellent grip.
- Highly protective still it doesn’t feel bulky at all.
- In some instances case might prohibit your voice from being heard on the other side and this situation is pretty annoying.
10. Lifeproof FRĒ SERIES Case for iPhone X ($44.99)
You know what Lifeproof is so good in providing water and drop proof cases that we’ve included a second one from its FRE series in our list of best phone cases. This case meets IP-68 standards and can be submerged into water, snow, and ice for about one hour. The case is shockproof and meets military standard MIL STD 810F-516. A built-in protector keeps the phone away from scratches. The case provides complete coverage to your phone so it is completely safe to keep your phone with you on adventurous tours like skiing a sailing.
- A built-in scratch protector is there to keep your phone scratch free.
- The case exceeds IP-68 standards so can be submerged into water, ice or snow for about an hour.
- The case is shockproof and meets military standard MIL STD 810F-516.
- Lifeproof FRE series iPhone X case comes with limited lifetime warranty.
- The case weighs 1.44 ounces which means this extremely protective case isn’t bulky at all.
- It provides great protection and absolutely great value of the price.
- This case isn’t too heavy and doesn’t add much bulk to your phone.
- It is difficult for the people on the other side of the phone to hear you when the cover on the speaker is on.